Friday, February 15, 2019

Step one

It really baffles me that I keep getting followers to this poor, poor blog. I have not given it attention since autumn 2017 and yet I continuously get these emails: congratulations, you have a new follower!

I don't deserve it.

Lately I have been feeling the itch to do this again. The blog. Since I no longer work with books, I feel disconnected to the entire book world. I just recently started reading books again after months of nothing but work, and I had no idea how empty my life had been without it. I also moved last fall so all of my books have been in boxes and it wasn't until I unpacked them some weeks ago that I understood how much I've missed them.

I have always had a strong vision for this blog and what I want it to be, but my problem is that I've never managed to make it happen. I always fell into the same generic patterns of other blogs and in the end I couldn't say that mine was any different than all the others, so I just stopped. This made me feel so unsatisfied and that's why this blog has had so many different looks and concepts and vibes. I've been trying to find the right way to do it.

This post isn't about how I have found it, "the right way", but it is about how I want to give it a last go. I know that I have grown so much since last I wrote and I want to foolishly believe that heading into my 27th year of life I have gained some experience and knowledge that might finally make me ready for this.

Here is what I want.

I want this blog to be a personal journey and discovery of my life through the help of books, culture and self reflection. I want to be more honest and open then I've ever been before and maybe inspire some readers along the way. I want to weave in reviews, reflections, personal stories and everything else into one continuous mess and ignore the structure of what a book-ish blog ought to be. I want to actually discover how to become the heroine of my own life.

This is step one.

No comments:

Post a Comment